Well, no job yet... but I qualified for Medicaid so me and the baby are covered. Tyler qualified for CHIP. So the only one that isn't covered is Rodger. We pray nothing happens to him. We are very grateful we don't have to worry about the insurance for the rest of the pregnancy and the delivery.... what a big blessing and relief.
The second good news is Rodger had his follow up on after his ear surgery where they tested his hearing. They had to wait four months after the surgery to do this as they had to wait for his ear to heal since they rebuilt a good portion of his eardrum (see posts back in the beginning of my posting days for more detail on the actual surgery details). For those of you who don't know the the hearing scale here is a quick breakdown.
0-100 is the hearing scale. 0 is perfect hearing and 100 is complete loss of hearing. Once you get to 50+ that is severe hearing loss. Normal is more between 10-30.
Since we have been married Rodger has had one surgery on his right ear (his "good ear") which improved his hearing from 20-50 range to the 15-25 range. So he is doing great there. He has had four surgeries (sometimes it feels like more) on his left ear (his "bad" ear). Before this last surgery his hearing was between 60-75... so as you can see it was quite bad. Of course he was bone-less so that doesn't help in hearing. But, even before the bones were removed he was between 40-55... so not great. Now since having time to heal he is between 25-35 in most the tones! We are sooooooooooo excited. I can tell a huge difference. Now when I am at church and need to tell him something he can hear me speak softly without having to turn his "good" ear towards me. We pray his hearing remains stable and we will be free from future ear surgeries.... they are NOT FUN.
Thank you for all your love and prayers. I will update you more soon... as Tyler is making progress on potty training! (still a ways to go... but making good progress).
Oh... also as much as I want to keep watching the Olympics every day it will sure be nice to get more sleep again. There are too many great things to watch! Go USA!
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
6 comments:
I'm so glad to hear of Rodgers progress. Isn't it wonderful to still know how blessed we can be during some of the most difficult of times? I love you and am praying for your family each day. This won't last forever :)
That is such great news on your insurance and Rodgers ear! You are in my prayers!
Lindi - just found your blog... I've loved learning more about you and can hardly wait to go include you and your sweet family in my prayers. Thanks for sharing your life, testimony and amazing faith with me... you are a beautiful example!
Hey! Long time no talk. We've been keeping you guys in our prayers and glad to hear that some things are going well. Let us know where there is news on the job front. Times are so tough right now...there are three other of my family members without work right now. I hope something changes soon. Love you!
I found your blog... yea! Why didn't I find this earlier? :)
FELICIDADES DESDE ECUADOR
Estoy con mi mamá y mi hermana Carolina,les gusto mucho su bebe,con alegria, familia Delgado, barrio Solanda.
Post a Comment