So I was in the computer room working on my nephew Brayden's baptism program since he is getting baptized this Saturday! Tyler was playing with toys and balls. Rodger taught him to do the "tuck and run" with the football so he was doing that some. I heard a clumping sound a little here and there but didn't think anything of it. But as it continued I decided to ask him what he was doing. He didn't respond. So, I asked him again. Then he came into the doorway of the computer room with him and the football all covered with powder!
I jumped up and ran out into the living room and the carpet and the kitchen floor had baby powder spread around! Ugh! I looked over at the big bottle of baby powder that was still in its place and closed and I sighed a big relief. I then saw the small bottle of powder on the kitchen floor. I put Tyler on the couch and told him that was a "no-no". He cried. He doesn't like to get into trouble. I told him to stay there while I cleaned it up. The whole time I was cleaning up he kept on saying "dee-doo, mama" which means "thank you, mama". What do you do to that? I told him he was welcome and not to do it again. He would say "Ok. Dee-doo, Mama". It was quite cute... I AM SO GLAD IT WAS ONLY THE SMALL BOTTLE.... I was lucky there! Oh and I am glad it wasn't oil or eggs or anything fun like that.... hehehehe!


8 comments:
I love it when their little voices say thank you, or I'm sorry when they are in trouble. His brown eyes are so cute. Glad it was the small bottle too :)
Cute kid...he looks like he's sorry :)
He looks like a little stick with eyes! He's so freakin skinny! How can you get upset at that little face and "dee doo mama"??!! LOVE IT!!
Tyler is such a cute kid!
Well, I'm sure the egg reference was due to my children and some fun stories that get around. Any mess is a bit frustrating. Though I laugh at things now, they weren't too funny at the time.
Like, when 2 dozen eggs, a jar of appricot jam, and a jar of dill pickles were smashed all over my kitchen floor, couch (mostly pickle juice), jam & more eggs were smeared all over the carpet. That one took 2 hours to clean up and some of it didn't come out.
Of course there's still...painting with eggs, dumping cranberry juice, coloring on the walls with approved/"non-approved" coloring items, running away on numerous occassions and swimming in the storm drain ditch.
At some point I had a priesthood blessing that said to remember that my children were "full of life"!
At least I know my crazy things bring a lot of laughter & comfort to the people witnessing all the ordeals.
hahaha!! That's awesome!! You gotta laugh AFTER the fact, right?
Oh, I forgot toothpaste. And yes, I do laugh about things now. How can I not?
What a cutie! How could you be to upset with that sweet face!
I remember when Payton was only one. Max was at the gym and I was at home with just Payton. I can't remember where Whitley was. Anyway, he was soooo quiet and when I woke up, he had poop on his feet. It was the gross, make me gag, diaretic kind. I followed the poopy footprints from my bedroom, to the living room, to the kitchen, to the bathroom, and then to his room. Yup...it was a fun day of carpet cleaning. Max had surprised me later that day with a cookie bouquet not realizing that Payton was such a gross little pill. I love kids!!!
Post a Comment