Well the doors are finally being opened a little for us to get back on track financially. This isn't the solution to it all, but it will get us in the door to make enough to be able to pay our bills and get a savings again. So, this is the story:
Rodger will be starting work on Tuesday, working a temp-to-hire position with Nestle (Stouffer's) located in Springville. He will make a little more then what he was getting through unemployment. After working there for a few months he would then get hired on by Nestle and be able to jump into other positions within the company that are in his line of career work. In the meantime, he has a few other possibilities that he is pursuing that would allow him to make more then Stouffer's and get him in his career field immediately. So, either way, at least he has something lined up and will make progress. There are so many of the jobs he has applied for that have had 30-50 people applying for them that have more experience he just couldn't get his foot in the door. So, at least now he can get rolling.
Then for me, I have had to put in two applications per week to get my unemployment. But, being pregnant people just aren't going to hire me (of course, legally they can't say anything) ... so once my unemployment runs out in December, that would be the end of that.
But, I applied for a job for a website designer. Most of my experience is in graphic design but I know some about website designing... not a lot though. So, I didn't expect a phone call from them (Stores Online). But they called me last week and I had an interview last week. They wanted to hire me, but with the baby coming, and I would be our a period of time with our new baby, they wanted me to go a different route within the company. So, they set up an appointment for me to interview to be an At Home Chat Representative. Through this I could work from home, once I complete a three week training (that will start this Monday). This way I could take a little break once the baby is born. Through this I could learn their web building software and become better and faster as an At Home Chat Rep or later transition to be a Website Designer again (and make a lot more money). The web designer position is an in-house position so that is the advantage of the At Home Chat position, even though it pays less.
So, they called and offered the position to me today. I took it. It will still allow me to be with my children (wow that is odd to say... I have never said that before) and also still pursue my Medical Transcribing/Coding Certification I am working on (hopefully to finish next summer sometime). I hope over the coming year a lot of doors will open for me to bring in money while still being at home. We will see what doors God wants to open.
Thank you for all those who have supported us during all these months of unemployment... stressful times. I want to get my saving back up so we don't drown so much if this ever happens again (Lets pray it doesn't... no fun!).
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
9 comments:
LINDI!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you and your little family!! I hope it keeps working out for you! Love and miss you!
Congratulations Shumakers!! It must feel good to have the ball rolling. I'm so happy for you guys!
Hooray! I'm so glad things are working out for you! How great to be able to work from home!!! Congrats
Jenn Brown
Wooohoooo! We are so glad to hear this good news. Thanks for sharing it with us all. Let's hope that life will just keep getting better and better for you:)
I love that you can say my children! It brought tears to my eyes :)
yea!!! Glad things are looking up! And PS...Tyler and the powder was hilarious :)
Awesome Lind!!! Great to hear things are finally "rolling" for you guys, can't wait to meet my new nephew.
This is such good news!! Im so excited for you!! I miss seeing you!! Love ya!!
What great news! Congrats on your new jobs! Way happy for you all!
Post a Comment