We just finished putting up "Parker's Christmas Village" ... Season Four! Many of you may not know about Parker's Christmas Village... Let me tell you about it:
After Parker died in July 2005 we tried to figure out a way to continue to include him in our lives even when we couldn't hold him in our arms. It is very difficult sometimes to do this... We try and decorate his headstone several times a year. The hard part, and sad part, is trying to think of things that he would enjoy BUT that are things that won't blow away if it is too windy OR get destroyed by weather elements.
So, as we started approaching the first Christmas without our little boy we decided to start a Christmas Village for our house. I can't remember what helped the idea come to mind, but I am glad we did. We try and add at least one building each year (more of we can find sales, hahah). It is like a present from Parker to us.
Eventually we want to make a sign that will hang above the Village that says "Parker's Christmas Village" but we don't have money for that yet. What we will eventually do is build up the Department 56, Dickens Village and eventually have a train that will run from the Dickens Village to the North Pole Village. We think it will be a fun thing for his siblings (and cousins or whoever) help put it up each year. We are going to make thing (ie. walls, waterfalls, etc etc etc) that will help add elements to the Village. We made some walls this year our of rocks and slate ... It reminded me of the dangers of hot glue guns as I burned my finger pretty nicely (blister and all) as I was nearing the end of making my wall. Therefore I made the decision to only make four walls as I didn't want to burn myself again. IT HURT BAD!
Here is a photograph of The Parker's Christmas Village: Season Four. Click on it to see it bigger. It is hard to see some things but you can see quite a bit of it.

We miss you, Parker. Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
That's beautiful, Lindi!
It's beautiful Lindi. You have put so much time and energy and it shows!
What a special gift to have him be apart of you at a Christmas. I love it.
I love the Christmas Village Lindi. What a wonderful tradition you have started, it's beautiful. I can't wait to see it again in person...
How CUTE!! I love it!! What a great idea!
What a great idea! I need to think of something to do for Erik. Parker and Erik will never be forgotten!
Love you!
Post a Comment