Well, Lincoln just got back from his two month checkup.... yes, he screamed bloody murder when he got his shots. The receptionist asked me after if that was Lincoln singing a song :D. Yes, that was my son, hahaha.
Anyways, as a comparison between my three children:
PARKER:
Birth:
8 lbs 7 oz (75th percentile)
19 1/2 inches long (40th percentile)
2 MONTHS:
9 lbs 10 oz (10th percentile)
21 1/2 inches long (50th percentile)
36 cm head circumference (maybe 0 percentile)
TYLER:
Birth:
8 lbs 0 oz (50th percentile)
20 inches long (50th percentile)
2 MONTHS:
11 lbs 4 oz (40th percentile)
22 inches long (20th percentile)
I don't have his measurements for his head.
LINCOLN
Birth:
8 lbs 3 oz (60th percentile)
20 inches long (50th percentile)
2 MONTHS:
11 lbs 2 oz (35th percentile)
23 inches long (50th percentile)
39 cm head circumference (25th percentile)
....So Parker had a rough start to this world... so that is probably why he didn't weight much at his two month check up. But just by looking at Parker's I thought "oh hey, Lincoln is way bigger. Maybe I will have a bigger kid yet." Then I looked at Tyler's two month measurements and saw he weight 2 ounces more then Lincoln at this age. So then I thought "Oh never mind... he will probably be a little stick boy also". Hahahah. Oh, but check out the size of Lincoln's head! I have never had a kid have a head over 20th percentile! No wonder he doesn't fit his tie I try to put on him for church.
There was a girl who was getting weighed before Lincoln this morning that was also two months old. She weighs almost 5 pounds more then Lincoln. It is truly amazing the range kids can have at the same age.
A sad note... the medical assistant, Alicia, for our amazing doctor, Scott Peterson, is going to have a baby next month. We will miss not seeing her at each visit. She is the greatest! The new person who is being trained seems cool though. But we will sure miss Alicia. I am glad she is going to have a girl though. Most of the people I know are having boys... so I am glad girls exist too. :D.
Oh another note: I need Lincoln to find his thumb ASAP!!! He doesn't really like the pacifier much. He can't quite find his thumb... so he wakes up searching for something to suck on. So I try to help him find his thumb or else he sucks on my finger. Needless to say... I don't get much sleep. Please find your thumb soon Lincoln! Tyler was the same way... slept horribly until he found his thumb around 10 weeks of age. Can I survive two more weeks? I hope so.
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
2 comments:
I hope he starts sucking his thumb or taking a binky for you too. Anything for some good sound sleep and sanity! :)
WOW! Lincoln and Tyler seem to be very similar!
Post a Comment