Sunday, February 1, 2009

Money on Trees?

I wish money grew on trees. I would take care of my little forest. These are trying times.... I hate not having enough money. We don't make enough money to pay our bills. I feel like we are drowning sometimes. We NEED to get Rodger a job that pays better. We need to talk to all the people we know and try and get sometimes SOON. It makes us scared as we hear of all the people getting laid off of their jobs. There isn't much out there. We are praying to have the faith that things will work out soon. I hope I have enough faith. We are trying.

Today is the first day of my life that I am now uninsured. It scares me. Rodger has been uninsured since June. Now I am on that ship. I am glad our boys are insured at least. I pray nothing bad happens to us....

9 comments:

Tricia said...

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers... and will keep my ears open for any possible job openings, too. Things will work out... and if I know anything about you, I KNOW you have the faith to get through this little stumbling block!

Tennille said...

I was so hoping that things would start looking up for you with Rodger's new job. We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. Love you!

Monica said...

I wish I could plant some for you too. Praying for you always. Love you.

Hayward Family said...

I will also keep you and your family in my prayers!!

J Glazier said...

I know you have faith to get through this stumbling block as well. You're in our prayers. We miss not seeing you each sunday!

Emily C. said...

We are in the same boat currently. We're working on getting unemployment & food stamps. There are utility assistance programs which are worth looking into. Do what ever it takes.

Underemployment is just as difficult. Check out www.ratracerebellion.com for home based employment opportunities (just don't click on any of the ads).

God bless you and keep you.

Faith will get you through & obedience to the commandments will help you to be happy. Life is hard even when you're really good.

Emily C. said...

I did some asking around & researching & found the website for utility assistance if you don't already have it.

http://housing.utah.gov/seal/heat.html
http://housing.utah.gov/seal/utap.html
http://housing.utah.gov/seal/index.html

Check them out & good luck.

Shayla Shumaker said...

Yes, I know what you mean. Over the last year billy and I have been using our savings to "float" us. Or savings ran out last month and so starting now our bills are a few hundred more than we earn or have. Im not sure how we are going to make it this month either (ive listed some stuff on KSL- crossing my fingers). I hope things turn around for you. We spent last fast sunday fasting for the financial well-being of us and our extended family. We love you so much- let us know if there is something we can do for you!

plaidmom said...

I recognize those feelings. We have never fully "recovered" financially from when we went through unemployment after Dominic died. But I have to give you something of encouragement. Because as much of a struggle as it is, and as hard as it is, and as much as some days I WISH we just had the means to live the way we used to... with all that, in all these years, we have ALWAYS somehow, SOMEHOW, had sufficient for our needs. ALWAYS! I call it our "fishes and loaves". We give the Lord what we have and he turns it into enough and more. Despite the struggles, we have had sufficient (and I am also grateful for many, MANY comforts as well).

It is hard. The economy is difficult. It is hurting a lot of us, and we will have our moments, days, etc. of discouragement. I have my murmuring, don't get me wrong. But I am so grateful for somehow getting through. A lot of it, yes, is just plain sacrifice. We HAVE done without a lot of the "luxuries" others think are necessities. But we don't really miss those things much now. It gets easier over the years. I always thought we'd get back up to where we were. We depleated all our savings, almost all of our food supply... It's just strange how desperate our circumstances seem at times, and yet we STILL are here somehow. Fishes and loaves. He is mindful of even the sparrow, and the fields for which he has clothed with Lillies. We shall have sufficient for our needs.

These are good teaching times. We've been singing "Jesus once was a little child" a lot, and my daughter asked me what meek means. We got off onto humble, and that definition in context of a "humble home". We were talking about how having sufficient for your needs and not too much of the fancy stuff is what humble is. And she said, "so mommy, we have a humble home." It's kind of nice to think of it that way. Our circumstances may be "hard" in a way (and they are, not trying to discount that), but they are also helping us to be humble. :)