May 30, 2012
Year Three for Pinwheels for Parker! Memorial Day was a hard day for me. So three years ago we wanted to do something to honor Parker and make it a fun day! So we started the "Pinwheels for Parker" tradition. Anyone who wants to contribute pinwheels can do so. As long as the pinwheels stay in tact we plan on adding more pinwheels each year!
This year my siblings and their families came to help us put the pinwheels in. All the kids had a fun time putting them all in. I had a number of people come up to us and say how much they loved the pinwheels and wanted to learn more about Parker. I love my son!
We put pinwheels by my Grandma MacArthur (she is buried next to Parker) and my Grandma McUne (how is buried just diagonal from Parker, just north west on the row just next to Parker). I love my grandma's!
Thank you to everyone who added pinwheels this year and also helping us to enjoy time with Parker!
Some sad news… We went to collect the "Pinwheels for Parker" sign and the 132 pinwheels (if I counted correctly) as the cemetery cleans everything up the Monday after Memorial Day. When we got there tonight we found someone vandalized Parker's pinwheels. They broke his sign and broke or destroyed about 20+ pinwheels. It makes me super sad and mad that someone would do that. We just want to honor our son and have an enjoyable time together with him. I just don't understand why someone would do that. I just don't understand…


No comments:
Post a Comment