Rodger bought Tyler a Lightning McQueen fishing Pole... $10 at Wal-mart. Tyler was so excited. He threw a number of fits because he wanted to play with his fishing pole and reel in the line over and over. So we went fishing on this trip to Mantua Reservoir. Rodger put a rubber worm on the end of the hook and I would cast the line out into the water and hand the pole to Tyler where he would sometimes slowly, and sometimes quickly, reel in the line. We did this for over an hour I think. The bugs were starting to come out and we left the bug repellent at camp so we were going to head back and get dinner started. Tyler didn't want to go yet, so we decided to stay a little longer even though the bugs were "bugging" us. So again, I cast the line out and handed the fishing pole to Tyler. I was watching him because sometimes he liked to stick the pole into the water and the line would get caught on weeds, etc. He was slowly reeling it in again when I realized it wasn't reeling in like normal. I thought he got it caught on weeds or something again. So, I took the pole from him and started to reel it in and see where he was stuck. I realized it was caught or he caught something! I said "Rodger, I think he caught a fish!".... Rodger put his pole down and took Tyler's pole. He started reeling it in and sure enough there was a fish!!!!! Tyler caught a Large Mouth Bass! It was about a foot long and about 2 pounds Rodger said... what do I know. It was good size and so awesome to see Tyler catch a fish!
When Rodger got it in he asked Tyler to come touch it. At first he didn't want to and was clamping on to me... he was a little scared by it all. He finally stepped over and touched it really quickly. Then he realized "This is Cool!" and stood by Rodger and held the fish. Below you will see the photographs of this event (click on the image if you want to see if bigger).
We are very proud of our little fisherman!

Check back later this week for more details of our trip and side by side photographs of Parker in 2005 and Tyler in 2008. Thanks for checking the blog!
4 comments:
Good job buddy!! I have never even caught a fish! That's GREAT, Tyler!! Love you!!
Tyler that is awesome. Bethannie caught a fish when she was aboiut the same age as you and she did not want to touch it either. Uncle Billy had to do all the work. Way to go though.
Good Job Tyler!!
I look forward to more pictures!!
Hope Rodger is on the mend. :)
Tyler is so cute! Way to go Tyler.
Post a Comment