After making a fun post on my blog yesterday about Tyler's fish the shocker happened today:
At about 2:00pm today I was told by my employer that they needed to cut back on expenses and budget and therefore needed to let me go effective immediately. I was completely shocked and caught off guard. I didn't see that coming at all. I have been there for 7 1/2 years and done everything I was asked and more. I am grateful for the help they gave to me and my family as we went through many trials medically with Parker and Rodger... but wow... this is hard to take.
I am feeling ok in most ways... but financially I am VERY nervous as we were getting by as it was. I pray things work out for us soon. What I think we might do is have Rodger find a second job that will buy me time to get a business going that I have always wanted and felt like I should do. It will be a business where I tell peoples stories through funeral programs, invitations, and announcements. I pray I can get it all together soon so Rodger doesn't have to work a second job, and therefore be away from us a lot, for a long period of time. With a baby coming in November I really don't want to be a single mom the whole time. We will see what God has in mind for us. I will do all in my power to do my part and pray for God's hand and guidance along our new journey.
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
7 comments:
That is a hard thing to go through! I hope everything comes together. You know, the Lord works in mysterious ways...maybe this is the push to start something better, aye? I hope the bussiness goes well! Hey, my sister might be getting married this Aug. Want to do the invites? What would your prices be? I've always loved everything you do (christmas cards, birthday invitations, etc...)- you have such a talent!
That is a shocker. Things will work out how they are supposed to, maybe this is a blessing in disguise! Hang in there!
Wow! I can't beleive it! Hang in there, We'll keep you in our prayers.
I'm sorry that it happened so quickly. I left early that day and then was gone the next so I didn't see it all until Friday. But things will work out in the long run. Now you can digital scrapbook all day long and hopefully make money at it! Best of luck in all your endeavors.
That is a shocker Lindi! I'm so sorry! I remember when that happened to Jim, and it did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I know things will work out ok. You're in my prayers! Love ya!
What the heck? Well whatever company you were with just lost its best employee!!! How are you doing?
Lindi I am so sorry we will keep you in our prayers
Post a Comment