When there are funny things I put a little note in my cell phone and go back later to add it in a blog. Some of these things happened before the date but I never wrote them down so it is approximate. I decided since Lincoln is asleep and Tyler is at his friend Anthony's house that I have a moment to actually do something for myself. Here are the funny things I have jotted down:
December 18 - Tyler is a funny boy on his Tyler-lingo. When he is describing about something he will be doing tomorrow morning he uses the lingo "Tomorring". Very creative! I think it should be in the dictionary, hahah.
December 22 - Tyler came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and said "You are the greatest mom I ever saw for"! How cool is that? I love how he phrases it too. I laughed and gave him a hug and said, "Thank you so much Tyler! You are the greatest son I ever saw for too!" He tells me I am the greatest at least once a week. What a cool kid!
January 1 - More Tyler-lingo - "Oh dane!" (for "Oh Dang"). I love when he says this. It cracks me up! He is very intense with it.
January 8 - I told Tyler he needed to get ready for bed and to get his pajamas on. He came out all dressed and said "I have my pajammies on, momma". Pajammies... that too should be in the dictionary!
January 11 - Pronunciation by Tyler - I can't find my glubs (aka gloves)"
January 15 - A little emotional time for me when on this day when Lincoln was playing with some blankets and got a blanket wrapped around his leg. He wriggled and squiggled to get out and he said "Stuck". This is what Parker said when he had his arms tied to keep him from pulling cords, etc before his same day surgery on July 8, 2005. Stuck, stuck. I had no idea Lincoln even knew this word. Sigh.
February 18 - Tyler's birthday. Lincoln is a hilarious boy. For Christmas Tyler and Lincoln each received one of those stick horses. One day when I had my twin sisters kids to take care of Enoch, my nephew, was riding one horse and was saying "giddy-up". Lincoln got the other horse and tried to copy Enoch. Eventually Lincoln learned and said "git, git, git". It was soooooooooo cute. Now Lincoln rides everything! I will hear him in his room saying "git, git, git" and I look to see what he will be riding as he comes out of the room. He has ridden a horse, baseball bat, tupperware lid, stinky diaper in a sack as he rode it to the trash can, space shuttle toy, legos, phones, remote controls, etc etc etc. I LOVE IT! (I thought I took a photograph of him riding things, but I think it was just video. I will have to take one and add it to this blog entry)
February 28 - I was on my way to our EFHE (Extended Family Home Evening) on the last Sunday of each month, where all of my family who live around here get together to have dinner and play and lessons. There was a billboard with an astronaut on it. Tyler said "There is an astronaut! I love astronauts. I want to go in a spaceship one day." I asked him questions about where he would go, etc. He said "I will go to another planet and live there for a while." I said "Oh really. That would be cool". He said "But don't worry mom. I will come back and visit you". I laughed and said "I am soooooooo glad because I would miss you so much!" What a cutie pot.... even when he is up in space he would want to visit his mom!
Another thing at the EFHE: I taught the lesson to the adults on going to the temple and the importance of it. I told how we need to prepare our children in understanding what the temple is and how we get there (in preparation), though I told a quick story about how Tyler would see the temple and say "Momma, I see the temple! How do we get there?" I would say "we drive". After the adult lesson, my sister Sharolyn taught the kids their lesson. She also did it on the temple. She asked the kids "how do we get to the temple?" Immediately Tyler raised his hand and said "you drive!" We all laughed. I guess my son is listening and learning, hahahh! Now I just need to teach him what we need to do to prepare to be worthy to enter the temple, right?
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment