First of all, Tyler's birthday this year was on a Thursday, but we had his birthday party on Saturday. So I had his party on my mind the whole time and not the actual birthday for having to accomplish anything. So at about midnight on the 17th I looked at my cell phone to see what was "on my plate" for the next day. I saw the words "preschool" on the phone. I froze! Ugh! Tyler has preschool AND it is his birthday! I needed to make something for him to take to his preschool class to celebrate his birthday! What was I going to do!?!?!?! Rodger had gone to bed early as he had to wake up very early to go to work. I thought, I could make something lame for his first birthday at school or I could wait and have him take something on Tuesday. I decided to wake Rodger and see what he wanted me to do. He said he wanted to have Tyler take something. He didn't want it to be lame either. So he said he would get some sugar cookies early in the morning and some frosting before he left for work then I could wake up earlier and decorate them. He called me at about 3:30am and said the bakery didn't have any sugar cookies or the buttercream frosting. Of course. Great. Now what? So, Rodger saw some M&M cookies that would work and I told him to go to the frosting isle and grab some white frosting there. So he did.
So I awoke early, quickly colored the frosting, and decorated the cookies. The problem was the M&M cookies were not what I expected. They were the ones with big M&Ms so they were all bumpy to decorate and the frosting wasn't buttercream so it doesn't "set" very well and was hard to transport without the frosting smearing. But it worked out and Tyler was SO happy to take his cookies to his class friends.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment