A while before Memorial Day I had an idea to cover Parker's grave with pinwheels. So, I emailed a bunch of family and friends with the idea if they wanted to participate in the idea. We had a bunch of pinwheels mailed to us, dropped off at our door and even hand delivered to the cemetery. It was so awesome!
At first when we got there the wind wasn't blowing at all. Then almost as soon as we finished putting in the pinwheels the wind began to blow. It was so beautiful and made me so happy. I stood there feeling so grateful for all those who helped add to the event and grateful for my son. I wish with all of my heart I didn't have to think of ideas to make "holidays" happy... but I am SO happy I came up with this idea. We plan on adding to the "collection" (as long as the pinwheel doesn't get ruined or stolen it will continue from year to year) and we can have more and more and more each year. I am going to see if my friend Rickelle will help me make a "Pinwheels for Parker" sign our of material that we can have at the cemetery for next Memorial Day.
I no longer see Memorial Day as being sad. I will look forward to putting up Parker's pinwheels every year!
So, if any of you want to add to the pinwheels each year feel free to do so.
We love you Parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are photographs of the pinwheels. I counted 92 pinwheels the first time... but then I counted more like 89 the second time... so I am saying "about 90" pinwheels). It was awesome! Thanks everyone for making this a wonderful day for us!

Here is a photograph I took of everyone.


Tyler and Lincoln painted these two pinwheels for Parker.

My awesome parents.... this is their last Memorial Day with Parker for three years as they head to Chile on their mission.



We put some of the pinwheels on my grandma's (one is next to Parker and one diagonal from Parker. We also put one on my sister in laws brother in law who is above Parker).

To a wonderful Memorial Day for Parker.
3 comments:
What a great idea! I'm glad it turned out so well.
It looks beautiful! We are so pleased we could be a part of this. Thank you for sharing. :)
What an awesome sight! I want to do that for Erik next year!
Post a Comment