Thursday, July 8, 2010

Five Years Later

Today has been a busy day and I didn't even get a chance to go to the cemetery to see my little boy. It is hard to think 5 years ago today Parker went in for his same day surgery on his heart. We were going to take him to the zoo for the first time afterwards. A few hours later a code blue was announced, our lives changing forever where we would never take him to the zoo and we would only return home to hold him as he died.

Parker, we miss you with all of our hearts! I wish I could hold you in my arms. I wish I could kiss you and see you learn and grow. I wish I could laugh with you and put you in time out when you weren't listening to me. I wish I could get you ready for first grade this year. I wish I could see you as a big brother on this earth.

Why has this happened to us to lose our little boy? I am not sure. But I do know the gospel is true. I will do all in my power to be worthy to hold my little boy again.

Parker, please know I miss you and cry today for you.






1 comment:

Linda said...

I miss that little boy!